You will always have a friend in Bali



Bali is known as the land of 20 000 temples and spectacular beaches. Millions of visitors come to Bali to witness for themselves the breathtaking views of untarnished sunsets, intricate Balinese architecture, splendid culinary delights that will appeal to even fussy eaters and friendly Balinese faces that smile through adversities and hardships.

In Bali, farming was one of the main modes of survival for Balinese people before the Age of Tourism. Many young people like me work in the tourism industry hoping for a better livelihood than our forefathers. I work full time at a hotel in the busy Kuta district where I get to meet people who come to Bali awaiting to discover the magic of Bali.

For the past eight years, I moonlight as guide and transport provider. I consider this as more of a pastime than a way to supplement my income because I love my homeland Bali and I hope all that come to Bali will leave on a sweet note and plenty of happy memories. Unlike tour operators, I don't have different tour packages, my customers will usually tell me what they prefer to do and I will do my outmost best to accommodate them. After all these years as a guide, I'd loved to keep in touch with them and hopefully see them again in the near future.

Bali is still one of the few places in the world where one can see people and nature living together harmoniously as one.
An integral part of Balinese culture is the practice of giving. Giving to the gods, family members, friends and society. Though the Bali bombings had marred Bali's reputation as a sanctuary of relaxation, I assure you, Bali still has plenty to offer.

If you have any enquiries, kindly e-mail me at wayanastrawan@hotmail.com

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Astrawan,

first of all, we would like to send you condolence and please know that we were thinking of you and your family. Also we would like to say thank you for a very fantantastic trip you arranged for us in Bali, especially huge thanks to Ngura, for being such a very patient and helpful guide and driver, he was fantastic!! we will certainly recommend your tours to our friends or anyone who interest to visit the wonderful land of Bali.

Anthony said...

hi Astrawan,

Thank for the nice trip in Bali and Ketut was being patient and good tour guide. Hope to come back for another trip in future.. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Astrawan,

It was a nice and great trip during the days we at Bali.

Thanks for the guide, to you and your staffs. We enjoyed it.

From: June & Friends

Bali Hotels said...

great post !!! :)

Bali Resorts said...

Nice Posting, i love it

mook said...

Hi, Astrawan

It was a relaxing trip. . The itinerary is well planned and flexible. Driver also very nice.. All of us have a memorable moment in Bali